Monday, November 07, 2011

Still Making Stuff

Sorry if you don't appreciate the posts where I just put up pictures of things I make or decorate with. The problem is I put time and effort into projects to beautify my home and then the only person who ever enters my house (other than the ones who live here) is my sister...so I put these up to make myself feel better I guess! :)


I found the idea and bought the fabric last year, but then we bought a house, moved, had a baby, etc so it never happened. And I'm kind of glad because by the time I got around to making them this year I had better ideas on how to finish them.

Turns out tying a quilt in the basement with a 3 year old and an 8 month old is really hard. I'm soooooo glad Lindsey came over for the evening to help! And Meili only almost died just once. She puked all over my floor in order to get the little piece of invisible plastic out of her airways. Wonderful. Sofie only pulled the quilt frame on top of her maybe twice.


I'm in love with this idea that my mother-in-law shared with me. Wait for the holiday flannel sheets to go on dirt cheap sale, put two flat sheets together, stuff, tie, bind, done. (Also it was so much fun to watch Heavyweights and Major Payne with Linds, I can think of very few ways to have more fun!)

Easy and way cheaper than buying flannel at the yardage store. This wasn't the first blanket I've tied, but it was the first I've bound. I hope to get better with practice...and now I've got to go back and tie some more, turns out they were too far apart.

Now that we officially have 2 blankets, my guests no longer have to bring their own when they sleep here!
(and no worries, although this blanket is darling, I do have a bedspread that matches my room)

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh man... so much fun! I love that we still laugh at those movies the way we did as teenagers. I loved helping out. Sorry the ties were too far apart. Hahaha... Sof and Mei are cute as can be, and you look so gorgeous too! Love your hair!

Merry said...

No need to apologize! It is so fun to brag about things that you have done, and it is fun for me to get ideas from you! :D

Ari Hill said...

I love it all!! Its so beautiful, you are quite the little crafter! I cant wait to see more stuff

Lisa said...

you rock. wish we lived by eachother your craftyness could rub off onto me.