Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Packtricks Day!"

I really enjoy St. Patrick's Day and it's even more meaningful now that I actually know who the guy was and the legends behind the symbols we use. However, I always have a hard time finding dinner ideas for kids who probably won't eat corned beef and cabbage. (dessert ideas are super easy to find though...) I finally found a fun idea!

Shamrock pizzas! I used my heart cookie cutter.
The legend goes that St. Patrick taught the Irish about the Trinity using the 3 pedals from shamrocks. Although we as members of the LDS church don't necessarily believe that the Trinity is literally one being, it was a fun lesson to give to Sofie showing that the pedals can represent Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. (hopefully not too sacrilegious that we ate it)

Rainbow/Pot o'Gold cupcakes
Extremely time consuming but cute and fun!
I made these last year too, our new tradition.

I couldn't get a good picture of the inside layers. When I cut it in half it crumbled.

Cupcake massacre.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That turned out super! Any left over cupcakes?!

Lindsey said...

It was so yummy! Thanks for having me over!