Saturday, June 02, 2012

Farewell

I Love the month of May.  It's my absolute favorite, with October second.  I am sad to see it go.
Here are some of the May things we caught on camera.

Sofie and I want a kitty.  But it doesn't look like we've convinced the rest of the household.  :)
Until then, Sofie can drag her stuffed kitty around with a shoelace tied around it's neck.

I turned 28!  Most of the things I did for my birthday didn't get caught on camera, but this one did.  I went to lunch with my sister and mom at Rumbi Island Grill.  Yum!

Us.

Yarg!

Mei Mei

Sofie hid my present and had these foot prints leading to it.  (Inspired by the leprechaun that visited her earlier this year.)

Last May I snatched this old, beat up picnic table from my Grandma's house.  We made a few repairs, sanded it down and this month I finally painted it!

I wanted it to scream SUMMER!  I did good!
(the baby tree in the background was one of my birthday presents...I'm afraid it might be dead already!  I am sooooo sad!)

The garden!
Of course, you can't see the seeds/baby plants so well, but there's lots in there!

Zucchini, strawberries, tomatoes, 4 varieties of peppers, pumpkin, sweet meat squash, peas, onions, beets, spinach, lettuce.  (and raspberries to the right)  This year we are growing the tomatoes, pumpkin, and sweet meat vertically.  I stuck a chain link fence in the back (hard to see, it's to the left of the lattice for the peas) for the squash and pumpkins.  Hopefully it works and I can have a great picture of the climbing pumpkins this fall!!  The tomatoes will climb the 3 stakes on the left.

We got a trampoline!!  I think I was more excited than anybody to get this!  I love trampolines!


4 comments:

Merry said...

I love that picnic table! And your garden looks amazing.

kendahl a. said...

Your picnic table does scream summer! Love it. And your garden is awesome. I can only hope to have a garden one of these years. (A girl can dream...) And a trampoline!? I'm jealous.

Lindsey said...

YAY you got the trampoline!!! PARTY!

Lisa said...

um I would like that bench.. What paint and color did you use?