Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Farewell to the Mountains

The last campout of the year.
  sniff sniff.
(so lots of pictures)
  This time the weather was perfect and we had plenty of time to relax.  The mountains are so beautiful and I will dream about them all winter.  

Loading up the spaceship...I mean van.

View from the Alpine Loop.

My camera was out of batteries, so these beautiful pictures were taken by the lovely Dia.
This is the little stream that runs behind the campground.  This month is was very low!

My lifesaver Shayla with Mei.

Again, a great shot from Dia!

Relaxing in the shade.  Sooooo wonderful!
(Derek, Andrea, Dia, Gordon, other side of the table is Noah, Shayla, Lisa, and Don)

Burn Baby Burn.

We dragged Dia up to Timp Cave the next day.
I had never been!

Dia

The valley below, hard to see because of all the smoke from wildfires!

Pausing to catch our breath in the shade.  It was a steep hike, and high altitude was taking it's toll.
We had little T with us too, he was such a trooper!

Our random friends from Taiwan.
After trying to speak Chinese with them in the cave they became our best friends and wanted a picture.
Love it.

Timp Cave

"The Heart of Timp"


The girlies decided to find rocks, pinecones, and bark to sell on the side of the road.  They made a few dollars!  Yes, that is my daughter posing like a crazy woman.  So cute.

Dia and the kids enjoying the cold water on their feet!

Dia, Shayla, Mei.

Maybe Dia is saying, "Huh? I don't speak crazy 9 year old speech..."

Nutella on a hot scone.
Her new favorite Nutella combo.

My new favorite way to cook bacon.

My 3 precious daughters! :)

Cooking bacon.  Pretty sure she looks like she wants to die.  But I think Dia had a good time!

Just chillin'

"The Great White Hunter"
There was a mouse infestation up at Timpooneke apparently.  If you look closely in Dad's left hand you'll find the 7th mouse Dad caught in his trailer.  I'd post the close up, but the poor little mouse looked too cute and dead.  A little disturbing.

2 comments:

kendahl a. said...

Gorgeous pictures! Someday I need to hike to Timp. And come camping with you, because it always looks like a lot of fun!

Lindsey said...

That hike is crazy. I have done it a couple times. Avid hikers love it and have no problems racing to the top. I can't walk for a week afterward. Haha... really really gorgeous pictures. I can't wait to meet your newest addition!