Monday, September 24, 2012

The LOST trip to Colorado: Part 2

My brother Tom was married in the mountains in Colorado, and we were all lucky enough to go and enjoy it with him!  We stayed in a big cabin in the middle of the nowhere and it was gorgeous!! (and I saw a real live bear...)

Hanging out the day before the wedding.  Tom made this man-size Jenga game to play!

Mei and Noah chillin'

Checking out the surroundings with Mei.  
I LOVE the mountains.

Breakfast in the cabin.

Our view from the cabin porch.

A bunch of us went hiking around the area to a place called "Lost Lake."

Later that afternoon the storm clouds rolled in.  
Just in time for the wedding...
This is Sofie and I walking up to the meadow where the ceremony would take place.

It poured during the entire ceremony.
The lightning was spectacular and the thunder sometimes made it difficult to hear the ceremony!
So much fun!
(Meili loved it)

This was supposed to be symbolic of them bringing soil from each family, and nurturing the plant together.  However, the irony of watering a plant in the pouring rain had everybody laughing.

Good thing Scott was there as Best Man to hold the umbrella.
The rain was dripping off Tom's nose, making everybody laugh.

Finally married!!

The dinner party afterward.

My Oreo truffles :)  I made about 500 of them.

Hiding from the rain.

And of course, the skies cleared as soon as the ceremony was over.

I've never seen Tom so happy.
Congrats!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yay Tom! He does look super happy!

Merry said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of them laughing while watering the plant.

You should post the recipe for the oreo truffles! :D