Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mission Calls and Handle Bars


My Sister Roo has finally left behind her evil ways and officially got her mission call last Wednesday! And of course, she couldn't do things the traditional way by waiting for the mailman, she went down to the post office at the butt-crack of dawn and picked it up before it got sent out with the mail man. Anyway, the point is, she's going to Independence, Missouri (which includes a bigger chunk of Kansas) where she will also be a tour guide at the church history sites there. She's super way excited but we are sad to see her go far away. :(
After she grabbed the call she went on a little hike, read her call by herself, took some pictures, cried a little, etc. Then came home and read it to us. She took this picture all by herself, how cute.


Here is a picture of Roo telling my brother Scott, and really the only reason I wanted to add this picture was because of Scott's sweet Yosemite Sam-stache. It's even more impressive in real life.


2 comments:

Roo said...

I almost peed. It's true. Sorry if I woke you up with my ridiculously loud laughter just now! Where did you get your cleverness? Mom, Dad or hanging out with Derek all the days? I gotta get me one o them!

Lindsey said...

I'm a big fan of the mustache. HAHA!