Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday Girl!

Sofie turned one yesterday! It was noisy and fun with grandparents and some cousins. (Sofie wasn't terribly animated though 'cuz she didn't have much luck with naps that day)



First we opened gifts...lots of gifts. This baby girl is so spoiled!


Then we tried the cake thing (emphasis on tried). Sofie at this point had too much noise and not enough nap I think...so the cake was rather intimidating to her. She just poked around at it for a while. The videos show a little bit. Eventually we gave her a spoon and she played around with that for a while. Then as a last resort Derek pushed the cake into her face. She never really got past the frosting!

I got a free 1st Birthday cake from Albertsons. Pretty cool! Not the cutest cake in the world, but definitely the cheapest. And it did it's job well. (Don't worry, everyone else got a great "Earthquake Cake", which was incredibly good, by the way.)









Take One


Take Two

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe she is one already! It seems like just the other day when I was coming to see you guys and she was just born. Crazy! How is it to be done nursing? I bet it's nice. That will be me soon too!